Thursday 30 December 2010

More on that Greek SR

More on that tasty Greek SR500

I had a nice SR500 I brought over from the UK in 2008 and after a summer using it for everyday I started the plans I had. I finished May 2009 but kept changing things until I had what you see now. It looks like the picture I had in my head I grew up on a diet of Evel Kneivel and 70s dirt bikes and this was for me what a real bike should look like! The engine is very
modified and pulls like a train!
I live on the Island of Lefkas one of the Ionian islands. I'm self employed cleaning pools all summer and then I have two very good local friends who have a bike service centre and we spend our winters building and using the 56 miles around the island as our own TT!
Simon

4 comments:

conartist said...

Loving that ...

capsimo said...

Blimey Lefkas, I rode my Yamaha XT600 from UK to that lovely Island back in 86 I think, through Yugoslavia before the war and all, what a fantastic place, my mates sister was working on a yacht there where we spent a great few days sailing round, then rode back via Bari in Italy, sleeping rough every night, there and back in 14 days....boy I wish I was back there....
capsimo, I love the SR Tracker, best yet...got me thinking now......

FlakeKings said...

that's very inspirational!

Giannis said...

Oraio Tracker Simon! ;)


Giannis
www.speedjunkies.gr