Friday 12 June 2009

Gone but not forgotten


That garage is gone. So is the Bimota. I crashed it in the wet at Silverstone. I was flying, tucked in behind one of the instructors, overtaking mates who normally leave me for dead. The instructor didn't know I was there and he braked 30m earlier into the first corner, than he had on the previous four laps. I got on the brakes too hard and lost the front.
Still we've got an FT500 now. Who wouldn't swap a Bimota 1100 for that bad boy?
Photo: Matt Howell

4 comments:

Mick P said...

So you won that eBay auction for the FT? Nice one. Looking forward to seeing its progress. Could the livery be pink Financial Times pages, please? Complete with FTSE listings etc.

Mick P said...

I really should read the posts in date order - I've only just now seen the flood of comments about the FT from yesterday... MP, first with the news once again.

Giannis said...

Is it true that you have to take the motor off the bike to change front sprocket?

Sideburn Magazine said...

Giannis
Yes, that's correct, drop the engine for a front sprocket change. G